Pizza is an oven-baked with crust that is round. It is topped with a tomato sauce, cheese and various vegetable and meat toppings. Did you know that pizza was originally invented in Naples, Italy? It was considered a peasant’s meal in there for centuries but today it is a modern favorite American meal.
Since National Pizza Day is close to Valentine’s Day why not make a heart shaped one. This pizza recipe that is really very simple to make.
- 9 frozen dinner rolls
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 10 slices pepperoni
- 1 can black olives sliced
- Spray the counter lightly with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Lay the unthawed frozen rolls together on the counter and use rolling pin to roll dough out.
- Then shape into a 12 inch heart shape.
- Place heart dough on a large sprayed pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Use cooking spray on some plastic wrap and cover the dough to rise for 20-30 minutes.
- Then remove the wrap and poke dough several times with a fork.
- Pre bake dough at 350 for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Spread crust with pizza sauce and top with cheese, pepperoni and black olives.
- Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted.
Here are some more idea’s on making Heart Pizza’s. The Miniature Pizza Hearts are perfect for kids. They will love them. The faces are so cute. Dessert pizza’s are so fun to make. Here are two of them that are really good.
(Click on the pictures and it will take you to links for the recipes.)
Having the right cooking/baking supplies is important. Here are some that will be good for helping to make heart pizza’s. The heart ones are fun.