Potpourri Jar Light
A homemade Holiday jar light is a such simple and easy craft to make to add to your Christmas decor. They even make for great gifts. Anyone would be delighted to receive one.
This jar light in the photo is what my son made for me when he was in 5th grade. He is now 25. I’ve put this light out each Holiday season ever since. It is a special heirloom keepsake. I’d like to share with you how to make a Holiday jar light. Making a gift such as this is timeless and so giving from the heart.
Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas time.
— Laura Ingalls Wilder
Crafting a Potpourri Jar Light
- 1 Mason Jar
- 1 strand of 30 lights (colored or white)
- 1 small bag of potpourri bought or homemade
- 1 doily
- 1 piece of ribbon
- Put the lights & potpourri in the Mason jar. Leave the plug-in out.
- Tape remaining light string on jar to keep in place.
- Take ribbon and weave in and out on edging of doily.
- Put doily over the top of jar then tie ribbon into a bow making a tightness around the mouth of the jar.
- Plug in light. The heat from the lights will heat up the potpourri to make your room smell nice.
- Now you have a pretty potpourri holiday jar light for your home.
- Use craft mini lights that are battery operated instead of plug-in ones.
- Make your own potpourri to use.
- Use a crocheted doily you made or bought
Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly Merry Christmas.
— Peg Bracken